And I’m back. Pregnancy has really slowed me down and posting to the blog has been occasional. Good thing about pregnancy: I’m now in a serious cooking mood and will make an effort to share more of my quick and easy recipes on the blog. One of my favorite homemade sweet treats, Banana Ice Cream; packed with protein and only a few ingredients you more than likely already have in your kitchen. If you’re a banana lover like me, then you’ll love this recipe. I think what I love most about this recipe is that it’s quick, easy to make, doesn’t require an ice cream maker and satisfies that sweet tooth many of us have during the hot summer months. If you’re like me, the sweet tooth is coming from growing a tiny human, LOL. Anywho, peep the recipe below. I’ve tried to provide accurate measurements for 1 serving size, but to be honest, I never measure anything so there’s that, LOL. For accuracy purposes, I would say this recipe is equivalent to about 1 Like It cup from Cold Stones Creamery; ice cream lovers will know exactly what I’m talking about ;).
- 1-2 large, ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Honey (optional)
- Pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
- Peanut Toppings (optional)
- Banana’s should be cut and frozen for at least 2 hours.
- Add frozen bananas peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon and any other ingredients you’d like to your blender. Blend until creamy. Eat immediately after blending or freeze for later.
A Few Tips
- I add a little extra peanut butter to this recipe when I want more protein.
- Sometimes I add some vanilla protein to turn this into a hardy middle of the day snack.
- Sometimes bananas aren’t sweet enough for some or you get some bananas that just aren’t sweet; adding a teaspoon of coconut sugar will do the trick. Alternatively, you can add a bit of honey.
Stay tuned for a few more of my fav pregnancy recipes. I have been experimenting a lot and can’t wait to share. Until then, enjoy!
One thought on “MY HOMEMADE BANANA ICE CREAM RECIPE”